Impressum, Contact, Disclaimer
It is a conditions of use that you read this entire page before you visit or use this website.
The Pirltwardli Research Website is a private initiative by Gerhard Rüdiger, Adelaide, South Australia. It endeavours to collect systematically information relating to the encounter between Aboriginal peoples and German missionaries in South Australia in the mid-1800s, using publicly available sources.
While the website is a faithful representation, as much as possible under the given conditions, of the information contained in these sources, it does not make any claim to their accuracy or scholarly authority, or to be accurate. Researchers are advised to assess the original sources themselves and evaluate their reliability in consultation with Aboriginal elders and specialist scholars.
- The information contained in this website may be incomplete. For some topics there simply isn’t any information available. If you have access to a source not included here or you are an authority yourself, please keep me updated via Email.
- Aboriginal terms are represented according to the spelling used by the original author and, where applicable, also transliterated into a standard terminology. This meta-orthography is an intermediate transliteration of the original text and is not to be regarded as a standard spelling system. Note that Aboriginal languages employ updated or revised spelling systems that may differ from both the original text and its transliteration. Local language centres are in a position to advise on the correct modern spelling for a given language.
- Please do not use Aboriginal words from this website to name your business, vehicle, racehorse, property or commercial product. It is standard practice to seek permission from the language owners through a regional language centre.
- Aboriginal languages are indicated on map according to the presumed vicinity of their speakers at the time of contact, as interpreted from historical and contemporary accounts. They do not necessarily align with agreed location of traditional country as it is recognised today and have no value as evidence in Native Title, Land Rights or any other deliberations that involve Indigenous rights or obligations.
If you believe you have found an error, please contact me via Email <piltawodli @ grweb.org> and be sure to include references to your source.
This disclaimer was created using a Contractology template available at http://www.freenetlaw.com.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, expressed or implied. The owner of the Pirltawardli Research Website makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, the owner of the Pirltawardli Research Website does not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal, financial or other matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
Limitations of liability
The owner of the Pirltawardli Research Website will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if the owner of the Pirltawardli Research Website has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit the owner of the Pirltawardli Research Website‘s liability in respect of any:
- death or personal injury caused by the owner of the Pirltawardli Research Website's negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of the owner of the Pirltawardli Research Website; or
- matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for the owner of the Pirltawardli Research Website to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, the owner of the Pirltawardli Research Website has an interest in limiting personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against the owner of the Pirltawardli Research Website‘s officers in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect the owner of the Pirltawardli Research Website’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as the owner of the Pirltawardli Research Website.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
(Created: 10.03.2016. Last updated: 10.03.2016.)
Direct URL: <www.grweb.org/cpo-pirltawardli/en/detail.php?rubric=meta_impressum&nr=1733>. Viewed 24.08.2019.